9.14.2013

DIY Bedroom Wall Art |Easy & Girly

 

 

 

 

 Today I was working on some art for my room. I have this bare wall that I have been going back and forth on what to do with it! Sometimes I just can never decide on a plan because I always change my mind...lol. All I know is that I don't want to spend $50+ on art in stores so I created my own!
 
I had decided to make a couple of collages using pics from magazines. It is an inexpensive way to create some unique pieces for your space. I just planned out my magazine cut-outs and then glued on to some thick construction paper. I also used colored pencils to decorate the collages. It adds a new element to it! After I used Mod Podge to add a nice finished shine and to make sure all the cut-outs wont fold over. I think they turned out pretty cute!
 
For my next piece of art, I got really creative. I used LIP STICK. Yep you heard me right. I really like the puckered lip kiss design and thought why not use my own lips to make a custom (literally custom) print. So cheap because all you need is your desired lip color of choice and paper. After the lipstick is completely dried on there, add some Mod Podge to finish it off.
 
I think these will look great framed on my wall. I'm thinking some modern white frames would look good! Tweet me photos @MariahKPeterson if you make any of this artwork!
 
XOXO, Mariah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment